Saturday, March 26, 2011

ONE BOTTLE PARTY

Years ago, about 1984 I had a flat in Onehunga. It was a neat little two bedroom villa (one bedroom for me, the other bedroom for the wine cellar). As a kind of housewarming I aked some friends to come around and not to bring anything as I had a bottle of wine to open. Some were sceptical and brought along a bottle of wine or some beer anyway but they needn't have. The bottle of wine I had was an Imperial - 6 litres (8 bottles) of Claret (Bordeaux). It was a good BBQ/party with enough red wine to get everyone happy. The wine as I remember was pretty good. It wasn't a top Bordeaux, it was a shippers label but still had richness and depth. Wine in large containers keeps and ages better than in smaller bottles.

I wish it had been this Imperial of 1947 Cheval Blanc

8 comments:

Nicola said...

Inspiring post

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I've never seen an Imperial before, but we used to buy Magnums of Claret from Tesco in the 80s. Damned drinkable stuff.

Richard (of RBB) said...

"Inspiring post"
Well, a post. Let's not get carried away.

Nicola said...

"Well, a post. Let's not get carried away."

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/572/27B04C57-C48F-44B6-A454-7C6328F53EA2/CB050587.jpg

THE WINE GUY said...

http://www.clker.com/clipart-map-symbols-pedestrian-crossing-black.html

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

WTF??????

Angry Jesus said...

Since the real Second Fiddle has cleared off, for a while anyway, and we are left only with an imposter, it's time for me to remind you that I am the Son of God. I will be making more regular efforts to promote Christianity around blogs.
Do not fear, Angry Jesus is here.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Don't panic Wine Guy. This Angry Jesus is flying around like a fart in a bottle. TSB has banned him from his site and if you and I knew how to do it we would too. His days are numbered. He is really suffering from the loss of Second Fiddle the first and refuses to believe that SECOND FIDDLE is really Second Fiddle. Go figure.