I've been disappointed with on-line wine purchases over the last couple of years now.
In the past I've discovered some wonderful bargains of great wines that have been sold at reduced prices for legitimate reasons:
- Failed export orders.
- Label and packaging changes.
- Large vintage surplus
- Winery going out of business
- Lost domestic distribution etc.
- Coopers Creek Lime-works Chardonnay 2019 which was a bit sour and lightweight.
- Main Divide Chardonnay 2018 which is out of balance and overtly grapefruity.
- Hudson Pinot Noir 2014 which is ordinary.
- Soho Pinot Noir 2018 which is muddy, developed and lacking in fruit.
- Holly Chardonnay 2020 which is tart and doesn't live up to the back label description.
- Mountford Chardonnay 2014
- Villa Maria Ihumateo Chardonnay 2018
- Rockford Sparkling Shiraz.
- Vidal Soler Chardonnay 2018
- Vidal Soler Chardonnay 2019.
- Delta Pinot Noir 2019.
- Beach House Gimblett Gravels Chardonnay 2018.