Sunday, December 14, 2008

SLIPPERY WINE


Years ago when I was test driving a car (the Rover 620ti I still drive) the car salesman described the car as 'slippery' meaning that it was deceptively fast being conservative looking but with a real kick beneath the bonnet.
Last night I drank a 'slippery' wine - St Clair Vicar's Choice 2007 Pinot Noir. This was on sale at Countdown for about $12 (very good price for Pinot Noir) so I bought it to go with my BBQ meal. As 'Her Indoors' was out I sipped away at this while putting up some Christmas lights on the deck and listening to old Rolling Stones albums (Mick Taylor's guitar and Bobby Keys sax on 'Can't you hear me knocking' is still as good as ever). Even before my food was ready I had drunk three quarters of the bottle without realising it and finished the rest with the meal (felt a bit seedy at the gym this morning). The wine is fairly simple in a good way, being non-complicated. The fruit is juicy and delicious and the wine just slips down. This is a Pinot Noir or a red wine for people who claim to not like either. I'm going to buy some more before the Wine Sale ends.

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I hope you don't get served in the supermarket by a pregnant check out operator who tries to make you put back the wine and get some beer.

Anonymous said...

It's ok to have fantasy's big bro... but don't you hate it when the shout "ALCOHOL"!
Like ... "Excuse me everyone, we have an Alcoholic!"